Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Yes Indeed!

So I am learning some new tricks. I have found a snazzy bit of software that allows me to edit snippets of video really easily (it has to be easy for me to do it!), and I am filling YouTube with bits and pieces of St Catherine's worship...

This one is a sort of "Come Holy Spirit" song, though not necessarily in the Vineyard tradition.

There are more excerpts on my MySpace page - Beautiful One and How Great Thou Art from the same evening back in November 2005, and on the St Catherine's newspage we are attaching all sorts of things... And now that I know how to do it, I have all sorts of plans to make that site well and truly multi-media!

Or for something a little different - with a gently swaying Bishop David Yeoman - try this gentle version of Chris Tomlin's excellent song:

3 comments:

Ricky Carvel said...

Clip one: Jazzy. Smooth. Nice.

Clip two: nice too. I like that song, but I always find the 'Sing with me' a bit jarring. The verse is all about the King. The chorus begins 'How great is our God' - all fine so far, the focus is all on Jesus - and then 'sing with ME', all of a sudden the focus shifts, if only for a moment, to me. And it doesn't matter if the me is the me who is singing or the me who is leading the worship, the focus shifts. Thankfully it shifts back very quickly...

Marcus Green said...

Glad you like them!

I'm having trouble finding clips that reflect our church life well, because most of the clips that I have are from our jazz events which actually form quite a small part of our output! (But they are great!)

You'll notice that in the first clip, the musicians are centre stage, but a bit lower than me, and the screen is to the left. This was the first time we attempted computer projection in church, and it was all very make-do stuff, put up for that evening. By the second clip we have a dais (posh word for stage so we don't frighten some folk) installed properly, and an electric screen on the right hand side with properly plumbed-in computer projection, as well as a mounted camera. (Though as this was the confirmation service, the musicians were shunted off to the side out of the bishop's way.)

Now - we need to work out how to record the congregation... But keep your eyes on the church website, cos all sorts of things will be popping up there in the next few days and weeks!

Anonymous said...

Boys toys!