Sunday, March 16, 2008

Welcome to Nashville!

With airplane rides like this, who needs Disney? To say it was "bumpy" would be to say that Switzerland is hilly. I have never before been on a plane where people screamed. It was quite fun, in a bizarre "O Jesus get me out of here" way!

And then when on the ground I had the enormous pleasure of spending the day with Jared Ribble, drummer with Denver and the Mile High Orchestra, and music producer here in Nashville. He is one nice bloke, and I thoroughly enjoyed our time together.

We had breakfast in town, before he showed me the music part of town (this is music city USA), where most of the studios are really converted houses. I met his business partner Sandy at one of these places, where we sat for a while by the most enormous mixing desk. Missed photo op.

We went into the city centre and played at shopping for stetsons. None bought. You should see the prices of hats here. We drank beer for real.

And then ate barbecue. At the second best BBQ place in town.
Followed by visiting a rather higher class restaurant where a friend of Jared's was singing. Jaimee Paul was stunning. A marvellous voice, beautiful poise and wonderful eyes - follow the link and enjoy for yourself. I bought the CD because she was something I had to bring home.

A great day, a real treat. Thank you Lord - for safely getting me here! And for blessing me so much in this place.

No comments: