Sunday, April 08, 2007

Listen on the Web!

St Catherine's broadcast on the BBC today - and by the way: Happy Easter! In case you missed it, click Here is the link, and then click on the "listen again" button. But you have to listen between today, April 8th, and April 14th 2007, as after this week the link will still be there, but you will be listening again to the next church to be broadcast!

I am happy with the spoken element, but a little disappointed with the BBC recording of our music, which 'live' had rather more to it than you'd guess from this recording. Still - have a listen, and let me know what you think.

Again: Happy Easter!

(later)

On listening again, I think that the BBC did a really great job with the spoken stuff, and the singing is very good too - especially as we could have had more people come to the recording. But I wish you could have heard how amazing the band actually were! Ah well, that's live recording and limited time I guess. I think on the whole I am really pleased - it is a good Easter service that tells the story well. My Asbury friends would recognise my narrative theology!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You do the jazz thing at church, as well. Somehow I imagined it as a side project. Do most people respond well to it, then?

Marcus Green said...

Some love it, some do not, but we do all sorts of music here - choir, jazz, folk, rock even. All has a place in the family!

the_exile said...

Even rock? Glad to know you haven't completely shunned the 'groove' ;-)

(I'm planning to listen, but we've got our hands full right now)

Marcus Green said...

Context is all! Given the journey of St Cath's, that "even" is well justified, even if it seems a bit strange out of that context!

And after all, I'm at that age where you'd expect me to have mellowed and be producing jazz instead...

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

this is so not the time for our computer to refuse to do audio.....