Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Are you calling me a Companion?

Apparently so. Kylie for Christmas. Catherine Tate for the rest of the year.

Are we bovvered?

Personally, I found the rather light and easy paced Doctor episode last Christmas which featured CT's Donna to be a pure delight. A whole series of Donna sounds a bit of a challenge - but gives us a total change from the sometimes mawkinsh Martha.

And does this start a precedent? I mean, if CT does this next year, having been a Christmas companion, then should the series last into a fifth year beyond that, will Kylie be travelling more permanently?

We should be so lucky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it with Kylie. I so don't get it.

Then, I so lack a Y-chromosome.

Anonymous said...

Crikey! I hope my Y-chromosone is intact, because I don't get it either...

I'm beginning to worry about you, Marcus. Do you actually enjoy Dr. Who? Mind boggling...

Hope you have some good time off.

Marcus Green said...

I hope your Y-chromosone is intact too; you have been at St Mike's for two years after all.

And the thing about Kylie is that nobody really gets it, except that you have to be old enough to remember her as Charlene in Neighbours, before she had been all airbrushed out, and before she really was Kylie at all.

Plus I think I am right in saying that her grandfather is Welsh. Lives (lived?) in the Afan valley. Used to drive past it when I lived there; think I saw her once; definitely saw Danni.