Thursday, February 21, 2008

Florida!

So here I am, safely arrived at Gill's house in Florida.
You'll have to wait for photos of Gill and Ben - Gill's at work and Ben's at school. So for now that's just me and Lucy the dog. More family shots will come!
The routine is working well. I get up ridiculously early, 11am UK time (ah, but do the time zone thing and you'll see that it is early!), in order to sort out Ben for school, and then I am ready to work whilst the house is empty.
Today was kind of interesting. I am getting near the two-thirds mark in the writing. At that point I hit a real change in the structure of the book. There is a surprise in the telling of the tale. I have the detail of how that works all planned out now. And there is an emotional punch in it - at least for me, so I hope also for the reader, if there are ever readers of this great work. For a little while I had to pause as I reflected on what I am planning to say. And it's not even as if I've said it. I'm just planning on it. I do hope the reality works out as well as the intention.
You'll be glad to know the weather is overcast. In Florida. And that at the weekend as I head to Washington DC the forecast is for heavy snow. Of course, I only brought my small leather jacket; so no big expeditions whilst I'm there... I hope! I'll tell more when there is more to tell.
Blessings to all. After all, I am being so blessed here, it would be rude not to pass them back. Put your hand to the screen and just feel them coming right at you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DC this weekend, Marcus? You're not holding your breath, are you? The forecast here is dire.

Marcus Green said...

We live in hope. And the worst day is set to be Sunday according to the forecast I saw, which is the one day I'm not travelling.
Anyway, I've seen the Die Hard movies. What can go wrong in the snow at a Washington airport?