Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Inevitable

I like the way the dog has finally got the hang of the Premiership.

At first, when United would score and I would jump up, pumping the air with my fist and shouting "Yes!" he would run away, looking extremely distressed. After a season or two he stopped fleeing, but remained perplexed.

Now he joins in, jumping with me and barking vociferously.

So as we celebrated Ronaldo's 41st goal of the season (41st? And this from a team which was criticised back in August as lacking an out-and-out goal scorer. Just think what we would have done if we'd have had one of those) in the first half, and a career-celebrating and championship-deciding goal from Giggs on his record-equalling 758th appearance for his only club in the second half, again I briefly reflected upon the Lord's goodness in granting me a house fifty yards away from my nearest neighbours.

We're a team, Matty and I. And we both enjoy the triumphs of our beloved Manchester United. It has been a good season. One more game now to make it a great one.

2 comments:

Graco84 said...

Congratulations!!!
¿Cristiano se vendrá a jugar al Real Madrid despuĂ©s de ganar con vosotros la Champions?

Marcus Green said...

Graco - thanks for commenting, I think you are my first Spanish visitor! And congrats to Real Madrid as well this season; we think of you kindly, and are happy for you to have our players - when we are finished with them...

But we have some use for Ronaldo yet, so you will have to wait a while for Cristiano, I think! Perhaps when he is David Beckham's age we will let him go to Spain, to retire in the sunshine.