Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wednesday, but thinking of Tuesday

Wonderful, Matt Collins playing one of his own (brilliant) songs at Tuesday night's cafe, with Jess Wilson and Bruce Collins (Matt's Dad & incidentally chairman of New Wine Cymru) watching on.

I've just read one of Andy Booth's blogs about this event, and he is remarking that it is great to meet up with old friends - and to make new. So it is. My team here is amazing - all of them. All of them. And across the conference I am meeting wonderful people - even at the B&B where I am staying.

Hey - I need to pay tribute to Andy. he will be speaking at our Cafe tonight, and if he is coming to this event next year, I want him to be one of our main evening speakers. He is an amazing humble man of God. He leads a church where they have the number of people attending every week that this conference sees in its adult venue, but he quietly allows people to pigeon-hole him as the worship leader, though his experience in speaking, teaching and leading ministry prayer is enormous. I do not have his humility. If I were him, I would find the way he seems not to be consulted on issues on which he is truly qualified almost unbearable. He just fulfills his role here and blesses people. A man of God. Awesome.
And this is Superhero in action. I am going to be their road pastor, after the example of Nigel James and Third Day. (Unless they also tour to a war zone. then they are on their own. And with Jesus.)

Amazing prayer, wonderful worship, great teaching.

No sleep.

God is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having preached this morning on John 17:18-end 'That they may all be one...', it's really nice to b reading so much mutual appreciate and love within the Body!
Sounds like you're all having a great time (without us! That's not fair - but our choice, I suppose!). I hope that continues. But then, I guess it will, because God is good, as I think I've heard you say before!

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

.........is that Bruce Collins on the far right of the top photo?
That look tells a thousand stories and is utter gold.