Thursday, November 27, 2008

Classified

Camillofan has a link to a site on a recent posting that allows you to type in your name and some other info (if you like) in order to find out what you would be if you were a book in a library. She was amazed that she, a philosophy teacher, came out as a philosophy book. But this thing is good. Look what I came out as:



Edward Marcus Green's Dewey Decimal Section:

203 Public worship & other practices

Edward Marcus Green = 54318431831978554 = 543+184+318+319+785+54 = 2203


Class:
200 Religion


Contains:
The Bible and other religious texts, books about the general philosophy and theory of religion.



What it says about you:
You don't mind thinking about the unknown or other very big ideas. You will never feel like your work is finished. The 200-series is dominated by Christian topics, so you may feel like you're constantly surrounded by Christians.

Find your Dewey Decimal Section at Spacefem.com


And just to show that it is pretty thorough, it gave an alternative. Not being pleased with having defined my heart and my job, it had a go at my character weaknesses, with a section that includes these words:

You are very informative and up to date. You're working on living in the here and now, not the past. You go through a lot of changes. When you make a decision you can be very sure of yourself, maybe even stubborn, but your friends appreciate your honesty and resolve.

Faddy, stubborn, always restless. My word, I feel like a book - completely read!

(Minutes later)

I'm still playing with this. I put in the name of the main character in the novel I have been writing for a while. It puts him at 905 "Serial Publications" (!) and describes him with these words:
You're connected to your past and value the things that have happened to you. You've had some conflicted times in your life, but they've brought you to where you are today and you don't ignore it.
If I ever get this book finished, you will appreciate that this is stunningly accurate. And that 905 is in the overall setting of "History and Geography" for a character who spends a lot of time working on time and place - well, I think I am more amazed that it works for figment of my imagination than I am that it hit the mark for me, Camillofan & Richard Wood combined!

Now how can I find out if it does Lottery numbers?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Latin dramatic poetry & drama

Well I am a fan of Latin maxims and English poetry, so I was moderately impressed...

Gordy happens to be a Critical Review of Soviet Russia, which we think he had to write an essay on last year for his sociology degree.

Bizarre

Anonymous said...

Great fun.

I came out as
Class:
500 Science

Contains:
Math, astronomy, prehistoric life, plants and animals.

What it says about you:
You are fascinated by the world around you, and see it as a puzzle worth exploring. You try to understand how things work and how you can make them better. You might be a nerd.

I'm not sure about the prehistoric life, but the rest - well!!

Pity about the nerd bit though
gt

Marcus Green said...

GT - yours is a hoot! I'm sure if I thought hard I could think of some prehistoric life you deal with...
And the rest is perfect! You could just put it into Google and add "Holiday" to see where to go nect.
Well, obviously, omitting the nerd.
Obviously.

Mark - drama? Anyone who's read your comments (or your Facebook stuff - or your blog!) might just smile at that...

O please, I really want to get the Lottery numbers out of this thing!

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

Class:
700 Arts & Recreation

Well mine was this:

Contains:
Architecture, drawing, painting, music, sports.

What it says about you:
You're creative and fun, and you're good at motivating the people around you. You're attracted to things that are visually interesting.

Other people might not always understand your taste or style, but it's yours.