Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Well Played

I think this isn't out at home for a while. So I walked (yes, a very unpatriotic act here) to the local cinema this afternoon and enjoyed State of Play. The short review - excellent. Both male leads (and really it's a double header between Russell Crowe & Ben Affleck, with the female leads being supporting roles) are very good. It's a good political thriller with nice twists, requisite corporate baddies and a suitable last-minute re-think. I confess to liking BA as an actor more than RC, but don't hold that against me! And do go see this when you can - it's thoroughly enjoyable.

Now, it's back to sitting by the pool in the sunshine. Derek, I'm trying to work out that challenge...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it quite a challenge to sit by the pool

Marcus Green said...

Just a reminder - feel free to leave comments under the anonymous button, but do leave a name in the comment or I will stop putting them up!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the sunshine, its raining here today - can't complain we have had a dry spell.
Please please don't let the challenge be anything like the monks. I am only just begining to get the co ordination right with Shine Jesus Shine!
Annamarie

Anonymous said...

sorry Marcus I thought I had put my name on... Look at all that hair...I mean the cat she/he was certainly gorgous...Yes you can replace a pet but never forget them........joyce.

Marcus Green said...

Shame, Annamarie; I was going to ask you & Julie Davies to think about doing that Messiah thing for us...

And talking of co-ordination, Joyce, oh you are walking a fine line, 4,000 miles away or not!!! Good job I can rise above these things...

Anonymous said...

You are soooo funny - you should be on a stage........
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Annamarie