Saturday, April 16, 2011

proud

So it's been a bit of a time in our family. In addition to my decision, my sister has been fighting breast cancer. I am so proud of her and the way she is doing this.

Yesterday she began posting on FaceBook about her experiences. If you are a "friend" of hers on FB, go look there. But for those who are not, I simply copy her first post here today. With love & prayers along the way.


About 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer, those of you who know me well know what an inconvenience this has been to me as I am truly way too busy! 10 days ago I had a bilateral mastectomy performed by an awesome surgeon with a first class team. Many of my closest friends have been towers of strength and support (my brother Marcus, Scarlette, Sandy, Ronda, Laura and Donna especially) and the amount of well wishes, prayers, gifts, food and flowers has been overwhelming, 'Thank you' doesn't seem enough to say to you all, I am more than blessed to have you all in my life. The second part of my journey starts on Thursday with the 'chemo', whoo hoo can hardly wait! Apparently I'll be rocking the Sinead O'Conner look for a few months (my younger friends are now totally lost lol).
Although posting my journey on Facebook seems a little OTT it's just easier than calling everyone on 3 continents. Love to all my family and friends, remember only positive people on Team Gill!
 Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending love and prayers sharon m