Thursday, October 02, 2008

Yes Indeed

I know I've put this up before, but we've just finished a rhythm section rehearsal for this Sunday's Big Band Praise and I am so excited by having spent a couple of hours with Dan and George and Chris and Tom that I had to put something up here. They are amazing. Singing with superb musicians is such a joy.

I have been writing dots on pages all week, I have been full of cold and feeling miserable all week - and now I see a magical mystical reality flow out of nothing into something, and my malaise is transformed.

All our songs are praise songs... well, one is a pseudo-spiritual... and using these things to speak to Jesus of my heart's overflow is the most wonderful gift. The full line-up for Sunday is terrific, a fantastic collection people. I do hope we get a good crowd - and if you are anywhere near us, then make the effort, because this is pretty unique! No-one else does this, and it's three years since we tried for a band this size, and even then we didn't have this quality all round & it was a "first go".

(Chris on seeing the part for "Jesus we enthrone you": "I thought that said "Jesus we entertain you" for a moment!" Which wouldn't be entirely beyond our aims... though I do hope we get a little deeper than that... I expect there aren't too many worship bands this weekend that have a section of one of their songs arranged in the manner of "One O Clock Jump".)

Glory!

No comments: